Sunday, February 17, 2008

Leave the kids ALONE....

(No plaguarism intended...it's in context with the BOARDS )

Okay, let me put it as honestly as possible…boards do screw you up completely. They take away all your illusions about how life is so nice. And believe me, I am NOT kidding…
And as I walk down the memory lane, the only feeble memory I have (I know only one year has passed…but I have a short term memory…I’m serious) of the boards is my first one. I have hated Social Studies since the time I got to know what it exactly is. It is the most irrational and weird subject I have ever come across. No, I dont want to get into arguments anddebates abou this..becaiuse I intend to say something else...

And while it’s quite surprising that I remember the thing I hated the most, SST has been a torture for me since ages…
Come on, tenthies, here’s some consolation….


-------Applauses people??? Have some goddamn decency! :D------------

Bhilai is in Madhya Pradesh or Chattisgarh.
That was the question I was pondering over for the past few minutes. The classroom felt creepy, the invigilators as if called from hell….there I was, answering my Social studies Board Exam.

It wasn’t that easy, trust me. For a person like me, who still takes time to figure out whether London is in USA or Europe, it isn’t easy.
But after long measurements, which I’d like to think fell in place…I marked Bhilai in Chattisgarh.
That…was my last answer…..my LAST look at Geography….
It was almost time, so I slowly submitted my paper and walked out….I still can't forget the smile I had on my face when I submitted my answer sheet. I bet the invigilator must have thought that I was topping the exam…ha-ha!

As I moved outside the gate of my Board Centre: Navy Children Public School, I saw numerous parents literally clinging to the gate to see their child’s expression when she walks out of the examination hall. Whatever.
As I walked out, smiling broadly, I saw a few parents heave a sigh of relief. I looked around, wondering whether they were looking at their child or me. But, they were looking at me. As I neared them, I heard one of them say, “Oh, the paper is easy I think. Look how she’s smiling…”

No…they can't be that stupid…I thought.


Alas, parents tend to be stupid.

I decided to clarify…but then I saw my sister lurking outside the gate…and fearing that she too might cling onto it, I hurriedly walked towards her. And anyway, all the parents had shifted their focus to the other students who were coming out…so I decided not to bother.

I was so glad that my parents weren’t the type that would cling to the school gate.
I mean, how does that help anyway? I bet no girl even bothers to look outside the classroom window when giving her board. I mean, for god’s sake, she’s giving an exam…and she has seen her parents’ faces for a good fifteen years. Surely boards won’t be that torturous, that she could possibly forget them. Also, I wonder if there actually is a window that faces the main gate…oh…parents…Christ!
I was thankful, that mom and dad weren’t even around the gate anywhere. I could bet they were probably having an ice-cream sitting in the car.
Well, that is kind of weird…I mean either they trusted me so much that I couldn’t possibly ever get my paper screwed up…or…they were just of the very few parents who thought their faces could make their child nervous. Trust me; both the possibilities are equally dangerous….
But really, if we do not go into that, I think it’s the parents who are far more freaked out by this six letter word than the kids are.

Phew! That was some paper.
It seriously felt like I’d conquered the world…like a battle had been won…and DUDE, it had been won forever…
What made me happy that day wasn’t that I had marked Bhilai correctly, but that I was over with this damn subject….

P.S.: All the tenthies who chance to read this, a hell lot of wishes from my side…trust me, the after-math (pun intended :D) is really worth it….

10 comments:

Unknown said...

haha! love it!
ur sooo right
n im soooooo glad i dont have to touch those subjects ever agn..who wud wanna opt for geography anyway!!!

andddd bioooooo
yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Vasudha said...

Hehe, Social was one experience. Especially since we were all freaked out and gullible enough to believe the importance-of-a-Board-year crap. :P

One hour before the exam, I was throwing up, red eyed, and blank. Add to this that I hadn't revised History for a week. And the fact that I'm a wimp sometimes. :P My mum was waiting outside for ages, while I sat and re-revised my paper. She thought I'd fainted or something. :P

Well, well, well. The after math has to be good, no? I mean, golden figures like one-oh-oh help. :D

Abhilasha said...

sukham: thnx sweety...
vasu: ur rite man, i mean seriously, after all the unnecessary worry, the later aprt of it has to be nice...and who the hell is talking about gettig cramps n vomits???? YOU SCORED A GODDAMN 99!!!! trying to be modest or...WHAT???

Anonymous said...

:O:O:O
I too didn't know where Bhilai is inspite of being in Xth and having my Social paper in another 12 days!:@ And thanks for telling me where it actually is.:)
And thanks for the luck!


And Vasudha Wadhera?
You threw up an hour before the S.St exam?OMG!I'll also try to,if I dont,that is.Maybe that'd make me pass!And I hate you.I want a 99 too!sob sob.:(

Abhilasha said...

haha!! see,i got some trouble for you vasudha!
n netime prerna, best of luk...

Vasudha said...

Lasha got a 100 in Math! That's one more than my Social! Hackle her :P


[Hey, at least we can't fight over English! :D]

Anonymous said...

So I hate you too Abhilasha.
But 100 in Maths aint that big a deal as a 99 in Social is!:(
I'll barely manage to pass.:|

And why cant we fight over English?Ofcourse we can!
Xth mein English mein 93 laata hai kya koi?!?!:@:@:(:(

Abhilasha said...

oh whatever...i mean WHATEVER!!n i do agree with prerna...a 100 in math isnt as big as a 99 in social alright!!!
prerna: what do you mean by english mein 93 kaun lata hai?? its english dude...isme nahin to kisme!!!

Anonymous said...

I mean English mein 80s mein laana hai bahut badi baat hoti hai.And you guys have reached 90s!
Mera toh Happy Budday ho jaayega.:(

Abhilasha said...

all rubbish okay....im sure tum log to saare records tod doge...u hv so many good ppl in ur batch...u included sweety...