Sunday, July 27, 2008

Unfolded

Part III

A six year old, I must have been,
Unaware of what destiny meant,
How a regular market walk would turn into a disappearance,
Is something, I had never even dreamt.

I touched the broken thing with a shiver,
As I recalled that scary night…
Three days had passed; I was hungry and tired,
And I begged my neighbors for a bite…

I whined and sobbed and cried and wept,
As they drove me away one by one,
I begged from one house to another,
And tried to distract myself with my toy gun.

After long, I felt a hand on my shoulder
I rejoiced; they had come back, returned!
But then, I felt someone pull my locks,
And a huge slap, I earned.

He snatched my toy gun, and held me tight,
He dragged me through the way,
I shrieked with fear and utmost disgust,
As he got me home, and walked away.

Puzzled, I ran after him,
And held him by the hand,
He threw me to one side of my room,
I saw the toy gun, now broken, beside me land…

He latched the door, and went away,
As I sat there nursing my wounded hand,
I knew I couldn’t live here anymore,
His coming back, I couldn’t stand…

I looked around nervously,
And saw the window, open, free…
Not once thinking of what I was doing,
I made my life’s biggest leap…

P.S : To be continued...

7 comments:

Disha said...

My comment waits for the next part!!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God. Abhilasha, this is amazing. It really is. God, how could I have missed them till now?
I loved it really. It's very tough to write a long poem and being able to put together your thoughts in this manner, but you've done it!
Keep it up!

Abhilasha said...

disha: Hmph, I should be angry for you gave the vella-est comment possible!! But it's fine...I'll wait for your comment on the next part..

aanchal:Ah, I love such praise :P
Thanks, anyway!

Vasudha said...

Seeing your replies are sized in inverse proportion to the comments, I should...
...stop now? =P

Radhika Saxena said...

I liked it,I really like the way you can express so accurately what the person is going through,his/her feelings,emotions,dilemma and all..nice I'm waiting for the next three parts.. :) hope you're okay btw..

Akanksha said...

Since u begged me to comment so here i am:P
Well written as always!:)
Waiting fot the next part!

Abhilasha said...

vas: Superb observation i must say!! And here, you get a medium reply for a medium comment...
Glad you commented anyway..:)

radhika: Thanks. Its strange you never said this wen we werent in a fight!! LOL!! I'm okay yar...:)
Really.:|

Aki: Hmm, you didnt HAVE to reveal that part of it..:/
Anyway, thanks for the NOT-SO-TRUE praise..:P