Sunday, July 20, 2008

Unfolded

Part II

As I tried to open that brown and broken door,
A whiff of smells gathered about me,
The smell of the creeper that grew there long ago,
And the smell of mother-cooked food that I relished with glee…

Cobwebs covered the hinges now,
No more did it seem welcoming enough,
Apprehensively, I pushed it apart,
My home, my house – overcoming nostalgia is tough…

I saw a tiny me over there,
Sitting on the floor and uttering gibberish,
Across me, sat she, my creator…
Listening to me – no matter however childish…

I felt like standing there forever,
But I had come with a purpose here…
I ventured into the house like a stranger,
When I knew its every nook and corner.

My father’s study table still stood there,
And there he was - his bespectacled face…
He called to me, with loving hands,
As I stood there, shocked, amazed…

I blinked my eyes rapidly,
As I reached the final room,
This was what I never wanted to do,
This room, held everything responsible for my gloom…

Bravely, I opened that last door,
Bracing myself for the ultimate breakdown…
It seemed as if I was thirty years back,
When this room was my world, my country, my town…

Everything lay as it is, no tampering whatsoever,
My Barbie doll, my car, my book,
Each thing seemed so completely mine,
Except one thing, which I saw, and shook…


P.S : To be continued...

7 comments:

Akanksha said...

I am getting VERY curious about the rest of the parts now after this.:)
Post them asap!

Vasudha said...

Six parts? You have much of a task on your hands. All the better for us though. =)

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

Shit.I am curious too.Quick,quick.Cant wait.
Even though I know it'd be dumb to compare,personally I felt,this was better than the first part.:)

kika said...

It was really nice...

Thor said...

great....hey u can actually try writing scripts for hollywood ;) hehe jst kiddin...but the suspense is pretty neat

Radhika Saxena said...

OOh nice,I like the suspense..I'm super curious,you better update jaldi! :P

Abhilasha said...

akanksha: I'll post, sabr ka phal meetha hota hai..:)

vas: Not that big a deal, I wrote them at one go.

prerna: Thanks, and well, thoda time aur..

kika: thank you.

thor: ah...some compliment?

radhika: hmm.. :)