Sunday, August 31, 2008

Unfolded

Part VI

It was a photograph, in black and white,
Him and my father in their best smiles,
It was one of the friendliest poses,
And completely shook my understanding of life…

‘You were perhaps too small to know,
That your father had a best friend…
A best friend who had been to jail thrice,
In the world of crime, his life he had spent.’

‘Your parents had to pay the price,
For all the sins that I had committed,
As my enemies stabbed them both that night,
The night after which they never returned.’

‘I couldn’t save them, they lay dead,
As I repented being a criminal;
I spent the two days just like you did,
Sobbing, hungry, tired and feeble…’

‘When I finally mustered up the courage,
To go and see you, and tell you the truth,
I saw you begging, and being kicked out,
And the helpless sight sealed my mouth.’

I stood in one corner and thought,
What I could do for you,
And then realized that my world of crime,
Didn’t leave space for adopting kids like you…

Moreover, you were a girl,
And my world was full of animals and beasts,
You wouldn’t be spared even for a fortnight,
My mind’s working completely ceased.

And then for the only time in my life,
I looked at the sky and said a prayer,
I begged Him to show me the way,
Your life, your future – I did care…

And then, something struck my mind,
It seemed to be the only way out…
It was also the biggest crime of my life,
But the only solution, the only way out…

P.S :To be continued...

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nik said...

Ah, I see where this is going. :)

Abhilasha said...

nik: well, i guessed u would.. :)

prerna: yeah sure :)

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God.
Wow.
Ditto as Prerna.
:)

Anki said...

i read all da parts together, nd i will comment bout it once i read all da parts........i am eagerly waiting 4 da nxt ones. :)

Abhilasha said...

aanchal: awwie, ily!
anki:lol, sure :)

Disha said...

Oh my god.
Truthfully, I didn't think this would be as good as it is :)
Its totally like a story.
Oh my god.
Exciting!

Abhilasha said...

dish: aww...sweet..:)

thanks! mwah!