Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Other Woman - III

[ Alright. This is the last one, for now. Yet again, for those who haven't read parts 1 and 2, they aren't linked. Or rather, they are linked too deeply. So you can read it. :) ]

She loves me. She loves me not. She loves me…
The last petal fell from my hand before I could continue playing this stupid game.
She loves me. That’s where it stopped.
I kicked a nearby bottle in anger.
It was so weird.
My house reminded me of her.
My girlfriend reminded me of her.
Childhood reminded me of her.
Being online, reminded me of her.
Everything, reminded me of her.
As if she was walking beside me all through.
Why?
I recalled the last time I ever spoke to her. Ages ago.
She had sent me a patch up mail.
I’d agreed, but wasn’t ever able to do it. I couldn’t patch up.
Those eyes. Her.
They were the most difficult things in my life.
She was the most difficult part of my life.
I remember how my girlfriend had fought with her, for me. I didn’t know what to do.
My heart went out for both of them.
Yet I was being forced to choose one.
Or rather, I wasn’t being given a choice at all.

Everything changed after that.
Her silence accused me of betrayal. Betrayal I couldn’t face.
We stopped talking.
But she never went out of my mind. Not for a second.
I wondered why, as I switched off my room’s light.
My phone beeped.
‘Hey! Good night!’ it said. My girlfriend.
I stared at the phone.
And for the fifteenth time that night, I switched on the light, went to my balcony and plucked another rose. Red rose. That one’s for love, they say…
And I sat down.
‘I love her, I love her not. I love her, I love her not…’
Fifteen minutes later, it stopped at ‘I love her not’.
I smirked, and then laughed helplessly.
I did it for my girlfriend.
I thought about doing the same for her.
But I stopped. I didn’t want to know.
And this stupid game was turning out to be too truthful, anyway.
I went back to my bed and closed my eyes.
Ignorance is bliss.

[Once again, if you find resemblances, they are intended. Else, they arent. Ciao.]

5 comments:

Nik said...

Well here I am since you chided me. Sorry about the long abstinence..
I like the poem. I liked all three.
Just one thing, and this is trivial, the first ellipsis you used is pointless. You can replace it with a period. Using ellipses too often makes it seem amateurish.

Nik said...

*make that the second ellipsis.

Anonymous said...

I just want to copy paste my comment on the earlier post.
I like it, in short.
I mean the fact that it's not fiction, makes me feel kinda weird, but talking strictly of your writing skills, it's amazing.

Abhilasha said...

I am updating before time. Sorry :(

Nik: Hehe. Well if chiding works, then I dont mind doing it now and then. :)
Err. They aren't poems. :| They aren't even articles. Ugh. I don't know.
Atleast they werent meant to be.
And okay. I'll keep the ellipsis part in mind. :)

Aanchal: I know, it's weird for everyone who knows. But, I'm glad you're reading it impartially. :)
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Well after reading all three of them..
Ah!! All i would say is
Poor Chap...

and from my small experiences, i would say its best to be BAD, as bad as you can be, (in case its real) in such situations...