Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The First Lesson




The sky was clear,
The sun had risen.
I prepared for flight
Distressed, shattered and broken.

I knew nothing about life,
But wanted to, at any cost.
However, scared and perplexed,
I was timid; half the battle was lost…

I shivered as I took one leap,
I shrieked as my eyes prepared for the fall,
My wings refused to budge at all;
I seemed petrified, a creature so small!

Then my mother gave me a push,
As if she too was fed up of me,
She caressed my head and pushed me off
Farewell, for a future so bleak?

My wings opened in a majestic way,
I rose from my home, into the sky.
I soared higher than the almighty perhaps,
I smiled, as my fears, drifted by…

My mother stared at me with love,
Her life seemed complete, all in all;
Her job was over, done well at that,
My life was hers, after all…

8 comments:

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

"My wings opened in a majestic way,
I rose from my home, into the sky.
I soared higher than the almighty perhaps,
I smiled, as my fears, drifted by…"
<3 <3

You surprise me with every post. :D

Abhilasha said...

Aww.
Thanks.
I almost had a feeling that I had lost the power to write...
You got me back
:)

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

Abhilasha losing the power to write,hmm. I would want to see that,if it ever happens.

Abhilasha said...

Oh!!
Watch your words, kid.
You'd NEVER like that. :(
This blog would die. :(

Sahiba said...

No, it can never die..because you are simply fabulous, girl!
:D

Radhika Saxena said...

I've read this! yay!
its verrrrrrry pwetty! I like!
I heart this.

Akanksha said...

I read dis one in skul too i think..
Loved it!:D

Abhilasha said...

rads: Yea u did. Thanks!

aku: Ditto. :)