Monday, October 20, 2008

The Other Woman

As I sat in one remote corner of my school, munching and relishing my ice cream, my mind thought…
Carmel feast.
She was downstairs, I could see her. I couldn’t exactly decide whether she had seen me or not. But my heart said she had. She stood there with her clan of friends, an ice cream in each hand. She seemed happy. Or maybe she was faking it. She perhaps just wanted me to feel jealous of her happiness.
I sighed.
No one noticed. I was alone in the corridors. Or maybe I was alone anyhow, just alone…

I could recall, remember. Or perhaps I hadn't forgotten it at all. It was difficult to forget, anyway.
She had shouted with anger, “If you think that you can take him away, just forget about it!”
I had stared at her, open mouthed. Maybe she was right, I had thought about it.
But surely, I hadn't thought about making it work.
Bitter as it was, it hurt. I shouted back at her, weakly though. I had no strength left. She had left me shattered. He had left me shattered.
As if coping with the fact that he didn't love me, and had chosen her over me wasn't enough.

It seemed as if she was laughing at me, as she ate her ice cream. I very well knew the reason behind that glint in her eye. She seemed evil.

I threw my ice cream and walked away.

18 comments:

Disha said...

Read it before.
As nice as it was.
Just hope it wasn't non fiction.
But, even if it was..
there's a huge hug for you.
Waiting.
Tomorrow :)

P.S: There's nothing that a biiig bear hug and icecream can't heal. So, don't throw it away next time :)

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

Cant think of anything else.Answer it if you want to. =)
Whose she?

Abhilasha said...

dish: I hate ice cream.
The hug is welcome, though!
mwah!

prerhu: Ah, if you dont know, then I wont tell :)

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

Vague idea,is it S?

Abhilasha said...

You knew!
The why did u ask? :/
Jale pe namak chidakne ke liye?
Hmph.

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

It was an idea.I wasn't sure.No offences meant. Shawlie. =( =)

Abhilasha said...

Whatever.
:/

It's okay I guess.
:(
Yes, it IS okay :(

Anonymous said...

never though ice cream could lead to such though provoking moments.............

Akanksha said...

Nice one..
And i think its true.
And i also knw dat u will never tell me who she is so i won't ask.

kika said...

Abhilasha!
It's S???

Achha fine. Don't answer to that one.

But it was well written. You really reached out....

Abhilasha said...

Aku: Thanks. Ykno, it's like the shortest piece I've EVER written!
kika: Well, erm...yeah.
I don't mind answering that, as I've anyway put it up on my blog.. :|
And, thanx...

Anki said...

it was a hard time 4 u as far as i remember, bt i am happy u moved on, genuinely happy :)

Radhika Saxena said...

Anki,dude! How are you?! and well yeah,she hasn't moved on..not one bit! and you litlle weasle lasha,when did this happen? she actually yelled? and How does she know you like him?! O.o
But I like the way you've written it,makes me picture it..

Vasudha said...

Erm, I have no idea of who this is at all, so.. got nothing to say? =/ Jeez, this is turning out to be such a lame comment. :|

Abhilasha said...

anki: Moved on. Well, they're strong words. I'm too sorry to dissapoint you, but I haven't exactly moved on.
But hey, I'm looking around. ;)
Lol.
Girls. Are. Mean.

rads: Yeah, you know better. Btw, I just got...erm, I'll tty on phone. This isn't a very good place to tell ya what I wanna.
and thanks!

Vas: You're funny, really. zBut thanks, anyway. Atleast you made an effort. :|

Anki said...

@radhika: hellozz....im gr8..hw bout u???
@abhilasha(can never call u lasha): aftr all those "conversations" v never really spoke a lot bout such stuff, did we?
nd frm hw u behaved in front of me in da bus, i presumed u had moved on nd found some1 else ;)
bt im also nt surprised 2 read dat u still feel da same, aftr all i do knoe u a little well.

Vasudha said...

Funny? O_o

Abhilasha said...

Anki: 'Conversations.'
Yeah.
We didn't speak for some reason I am still trying to figure out. Stuff just happens. Just like that. Iono.
I mean. We used to be BEST friends?
Ah, forget it.

And. Yeah. You do know me.
You needn't presume things. I'll tell you anything. If you ask me, that is.
Found sum1? Maybe. Maybe not.

Vas: Funny indeed. Nobody except yo comments and says nothing about the post. O.o
So.